Sunday, September 20, 2009

This is my new, general, but still BDD focused blog

I have decided to shift any and all focus from my myspace blog to here, on blogspot. Besides the fact that myspace has apparently died, this is a much more suitable home to my thoughts, I think. The aforementioned plan in this blog is no longer valid, as I have a vision of what the next year will be for me, and I plan on following that vision with utmost zeal.

My mental illnesses have taken so much from me. They have robbed me of many opportunities, and have lulled me into a false sense of complacency that keeps me somewhere between fear and comfort. It's easy to live life in a changeless fashion, avoiding anything that places you outside your comfort zone, but this is a fatal choice as it stunts growth to the point of non-existence.

I like to compare it to job hunting; if we were to fall apart at the first sign of rejection, we would never get jobs. So to we must do things that hurt more than words can explain to truly grow in life. I have grown so much over the past five years, despite what my brain would probably like me to believe... and I intend to make this my catapult into adulthood, giving up the comfort of the "peacefulness" of inactivity, and utilizing my very setbacks that have caused me so much pain to be my life's mission.

After all, is it not normal to want to utilize our tragedies for good? For the benefit of ourselves and others?

This blog is very bare bones right now... I am working very hard to make it pretty!.... first article in my official format is coming up sometime this week. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment